Friday, April 27, 2012

About Us

Dr. Michael Olpin


I have been studying stress management, mind/body wellness, and relaxation for nearly 30 years. I have presented a wide variety of lectures, workshops, and seminars on stress management and other health topics at the community, state, and national level.

I have taught complete stress management courses and other wellness courses at four institutions of higher education (Southern Illinois University, Concord College, West Virginia University and currently I'm at Weber State University). As a professor of Health Promotion at Weber State University, in northern Utah, my courses focus on mind/body wellness, health promotion, stress management, and wellness coaching.  I also consult and coach privately for individuals, community groups, and corporations in stress management, along with other areas of health and high-level wellness.
I have also produced several products related to stress management and wellness. Most recently, I finished co-authoring the third edition of a widely used university textbook on stress management titled Stress Management for Life available through Amazon.com. Recently, I wrote a trade book on stress management titled The World is NOT a Stressful Place, which is also available through Amazon.com. I have also created relaxation exercises available in CD, DVD, and Video format. The MP3 version of this production is available on this website.

Dr. Olpin's Weber State University Site
Dr. Olpin's Professional Vita


Shanyn Olpin


I am an Adjunct Professor in the Health Promotion and Human Performance Department at Weber State University. I received my Bachelors of Science degree from Brigham Young University and my Masters in Community Medicine from West Virginia University School of Medicine.

I have been a community health project coordinator, grant writer, served on public grant selection committees, and a textbook reviewer. I have also been an editor for PE Central, a website for teachers. My favorite professional focus is teaching. Some of the classes that I have taught include; Fitness for Life, Community Health, Educational Testing and Evaluation, Personal Health, Adolescent Health, Elementary Health Education, and Healthy Lifestyles.

I am happily married to my best friend Mike who is also a Health Professor and Stress Management Guru at Weber State University. We have four great kids and we love being back in Utah. I have lived in Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, West Virginia and Utah. I love to read, write, exercise, go to all of my kid’s events, create things, and work on any of a dozen projects that I always seem to have going.

No comments:

Post a Comment